Sunday, October 16, 2016

Nashville

Time to visit a Costco, so off to Tennessee we went. I have a monthly prescription, and while I had stocked up ahead of the trip, it was time again to get it filled. So fortunately for us, Costco was able to transfer my prescription to Nashville and get it filled within about a half hour. Whew!

Since we travelled nearly two hours to get to Nashville, we hung out there the whole day. After Costco and the local Publix, we went and hit up Fort Negley. Largest stone fortress built during the Civil War (for the Union). I need to do some more reading on Tennessee during the Civil War, because it sounded to me as if they were trying to play both sides.

After the fort, we toodled down the road to Adventure Science Center. What a blast that was! Very hands-on, dynamic learning.

Moon Walk

The first thing we did was the space walk. It was close to 3:30 when we got to the museum, and that's when they close the "rides," so we hustled to make it just in time to be in line! The kids had so much fun with their short time trying to walk on the moon. Even though our time at the museum was short, I'm so glad we got to check it out.

We finished up our day in Nashville at Peg Leg Porker a barbeque joint. While it's not my type of barbeque, we enjoyed the atmosphere and had a nice evening. All in all, we liked our day trip into Nashville.